Wednesday 15 August 2012

Okra Stew and Semolina

Dear Readers,

I will like to apologise for my absence in this blog, but never mind, I am back to provide you with the best recipes for your child. Alexander will be 12 months old this month, and he is beginning to stand while using objects for support. He is very playful, and always happy. He gets very grumpy, when he is hungry or wants to sleep; you don't want to give him kisses when he is grumpy as he will fight.

I have a recipe for Alexander's grumpiness, especially when he is hungry. I always try to cook something, which I know he will immediately eat. My baby boy has reached a certain age, where he hates to have his food pureed ( he will intentionally spit it out). So I do not waste my time pureeing his food. There are times when Alexander prefers eating my kind of food than the one I cook for him. I later found that it was because I pureed his food. So what I do is to slightly match his food with a fork, and he likes that form of texture in his food.

Today, I will be sharing an African recipe with you all. This recipe is loved by all children, even adults. My boys are a living testimony, as they enjoyed eating it. They even asked for more, and finished the second portion of serving. It is delicious, and I was quite impressed (coming from my older son who is a little picky in his choice of food). Alexander likes this recipe that I cook it quite often.

Okra Stew and Semolina

  1. Place a deep cooking pan in a stove, and pour out half cup of olive oil;
  2. once the oil is hot, toss in thinly sliced onions, grated garlic, and ginger, and let the onions fry until glazed;
  3. Add three chopped tomatoes, and continue to fry until the tomatoes are ready;
  4. Turn the stove to medium level, add in the two kg of chopped okra, and continue to stir until the okra is well fried;
  5. Add half teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and one chicken cube in the pot.
  6. Add in one kg of cooked beef or dried fish, or smoked chicken or smoked turkey;
  7. Continue to stir the entire mixture, and let it cook for about 30 minutes or until the okra is well cooked, and you begin to see the olive oil texture in the stew.
To cook the semolina:

  1. Bring to boil 2 cups of water;
  2. Add 2 cups of semolina, and continuously stir until it begins to thicken;
  3. Place a small portion of the cooked semolina in a plastic wrap, and serve with the okra stew;
P.S:

Please note that you can either use a fork to feed your baby with this recipe or feed your baby using your hands (make sure your hands are well watched). This recipe can also be made for adults, and it is one of my favorite meals

Do not forget to leave your comments on this sweet recipe.

Thanks,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment